AFTER A PARTY
Ok, so your gear is all soggy from sweat and whatever else.
Trust us, it can take a beating, but now you need to show it some love.
• Wipe down your gear with a clean, damp cloth. Microfibre cloths are great, but if you don't have one a hand towel will do.
• Hang it out to dry in a cool, well-ventilated place, out of the sun.
• When it's dry apply a leather conditioner. We have used a variety over the years and most work well. Read the instructions and test it in an inconspicuous spot. Look for a conditioner that does not contain dyes or darkens the leather, (i.e. don’t use black or coloured boot polish). Taking the time to regularly clean your gear is more important than the brand or price of the conditioner.
• Keep somewhere cool, dry, well-ventilated and protected from direct sunlight.
• Do not store in plastic bags.
EVERY COUPLE OF MONTHS
Check up on your gear every couple of months, especially if you live somewhere humid.
• Wipe with a damp cloth.
• Hang to dry.
• Use leather conditioner.
• Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated place.
If you have light coloured leather we recommend a leather protector as well to help prevent scuff marks.
As always, read the instruction and test first.
We found that nickel hardware took a bit of work to keep in good shape so we have upgraded our hardware (O-rings, D-rings, buckles, snaps and rivets) to stainless steel.
If you have some of our older gear with nickel hardware you'll need to rub the hardware with metal polish regularly to stop them rusting and tarnishing.
Generally, no maintenance is required with the black metal or stainless steel.